Is there any way to use both Factions and Forge/fabric mods in a server?

U

/u/NeptuAlfa

I am planning on making a small server for some friends. We would like to install forge or fabric mods but also install Factions. It seems like there are only Factions plugins and not mods for fabric nor forge. At first I just thought that I would have to decide between mods and plugins (if it is possible, we would like to install other plugins, but we are fine with just Factions). However, then I investigated and tried to install both plugins and mods at the same time. At first I tried installing Cardboard in a Fabric Server but it crashed when I installed it alongside with the Fabric mod of Origins, another mod that we would really like to have in our server. Then I tried installing Magma Foundation. At first, it looked like it worked, since the server did not crash when I installed the mods and plugins. However, then I discovered that there were a lot of bugs. First, there were some plugins that for some reason, did not work well and disabled Fall Damage (I checked and the game rule command for Fall Damage was set to true and the Essentials protect “prevent fall damage” permission was set to false). So I removed EssentialsX, Luckperms and other plugins that could have disabled it. Then,the Fall Damage was back but now there was another bug, one that appeared when Vault was installed. It allowed players to duplicate the item they were holding by just opening and closing the inventory. So I removed Vault, and obviously SaberFactions (the Factions plugin I was using) stopped working when I removed Vault. After this I did not know what to so I decided to ask you. Is there any way to use Fabric or Forge mods alongside with plugins or should I just decide whether to use one thing or another? If there is not a way to use plugins and mods at the same time, is there a mod for fabric or forge?

submitted by /u/NeptuAlfa
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

BlackSpigot General Chat
Rules Help Users
    B @ BeingImpossible: Promote your discord server Fast & Free ⚡ Check out: https://dscspot.lol/ get free members