The Minecraft enchanting system is really bad

U

/u/Revil0_o

I know it's a tired topic, but the grind for good enchanted gear in a new world is such a drag. By the time I have a solid kit, I rarely touch it again.

The idea and aesthetic of enchanting are cool, and the progression is interesting. But after gaining XP and building the table and bookshelves (which is relatively easy), it becomes a time sinkā€”repeatedly enchanting tools, armor, or books until you get something good. Sure, you could set up a villager trading hall, but thatā€™s a whole other headache and is too OP in my opinion.

Now, imagine a system where unlocking higher enchantments required more components or tasks. If enchantments were organized into tiers, meeting "Tier 1" requirements would let you pick from any enchantment in that tier in exchange for lapis and XP. This could be achieved by requiring additional components beyond bookshelvesā€”like potions, enchanted books, rare items, or artifacts placed near the enchanting table. You could even ornament the table itself, like adding banners, candles, plants etc, to unlock higher levels. This approach would create a sense of progression and encourage players to engage with the ā€œloreā€ behind the magic. Enchanting would feel like a more substantial part of the game.

A "dark magic" system would also be cool. You could sacrifice items or mobs for powerful but cursed enchantmentsā€”like a sword that replenishes durability through blood, or a pickaxe thatā€™s fast but takes a portion of the drops. Some enchantments could make you hostile to iron golems or increase hostile mob spawns. This would flesh out the world's magic and give more context to hostile mobs at night. Let's face it, the cursed items already in the game are entirely useless.

Lastly, I think mending is only in the game because enchanting is so boring. It's far too OP, and I wouldnā€™t miss it if the enchanting process itself was more engaging.

TL;DR: Enchanting feels grindy because itā€™s a repetitive XP and RNG time sink. A system where you actively earn your enchantments would be much more enjoyable than waiting for good ones to appear.

submitted by /u/Revil0_o
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

free plugins
spigotmc
SpigotMC
minecraft paid for free
free minecraft paid plugins
free minecraft plugins
aac free
ewg free
Minecraft Premium Plugins